Wednesday, April 21, 2010

15 weeks!


Week 15: Naval Orange
Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby’s legs now out-measure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can’t feel the movements. Movements are more coordinated. Eyelashes and eyebrows begin to appear. 175 days to go!
On the morning/allfreakingday sickness front, I am starting to feel significantly better. You have no idea how nice it is to not be laying on the couch all night, feeling like a nauseous slug. Last night I actually felt good enough to go outside and finish my flower planting, and it felt like such a novel thing to be actually DOING something after work! I’m down to only one Zofran (anti-nausea and vomiting meds) a day, if any. Still a little queasy, especially if I get off my eating schedule, and still a LOT of food aversions, but it’s definitely a marked improvement from the first 13 weeks!
In fact, feeling better has made me MORE nervous about the baby, so I’ve been pulling out our home doppler pretty frequently just to check in on the baby’s heartbeat. It’s slowed down a little bit since the first trimester, settling in around 146-147 (doctor said this is very normal and still in the healthy range), but it’s getting easier and easier to find the heartbeat and it’s as strong as ever. Good job baby!

No comments: