Wednesday, April 21, 2010

17 weeks!


From thebump.com Baby Size Guide: Baby’s skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
I can’t believe we’ve already got 17 weeks under our belt. And I also can’t believe that this stupid nausea/vomiting is still here. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it goes away soon but I’m starting to become convinced that I’m going to be one of “those” women that have sickness throughout the entire pregnancy. Blech.
My belly’s slowly getting bigger…although the baby’s heartbeat is still usually found really low on the belly- which could mean that she’s laying upside down, and the flutters that I’m feeling are in fact punches, not kicks. It will be interesting to see him/her on the ultrasound next week and see how she’s laying. She’s definitely got her “spot” that she likes! Oh, and I’m still thinking it’s a girl this week, if you can’t tell, haha.
Here’s a 17 week picture for you, sorry it’s so dark:

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So the sex next week oh boy!!!! or maybe oh girl!
by the way, i know that room ;-) i am still confused WHY that room needed to be brown. i mean really?... had to log on to post comment so i'm busted, click on my profile you will see that clearly i have not updated my blog. oops! he's 17 mo. now.

Sarah said...

I'm following your blog, now you have to update :-) Thanks for reading mine and I'm expecting lots of comments from you, as an old pro by now!!