Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Babies and Baseball

I’m up way too early on a Sunday morning (would it be mean to go “accidentally” wake up the hubby? Hmm…) so I figured it’s a good time for a blog post.

Yesterday we invited ourselves over to Kirby and Daniel’s apartment to bring them dinner. As this blog’s biggest fans know, Kirby and Daniel just had a baby girl a little over a week ago and have been settling in to the new parent life. I had been looking forward to meeting the baby all week and Felicity didn’t disappoint- what a sweet little girl! Kirby let me hold her pretty much the entire time that we were there and it was surreal to have a human being that little squirming in my lap…it also hit home that in 5 months WE’RE going to have something that little LIVING IN OUR HOUSE AND WE HAVE TO KEEP IT ALIVE????!!! (cue breathing into a paper bag, lamaze style)

Anxiety-ridden meltdowns aside, it was so much fun seeing K&D and getting to play with Felicity. I’m back to thinking our little one is a girl again this week so it was doubly fun to see her little pink pants and imagine our baby daughter (hopefully Steve will actually hold ours though- he made it quite clear that he would never forgive me if I plunked Felicity down in his hands because he would promptly drop her and feel really bad. Sorry Kirby). It also made me want to go to Babies R Us today and decorate the entire nursery, but I guess it would be better to wait and see what we’re actually having…or even better, to stick with the original “gender neutral” nursery plan. Sigh.

We went to the Braves game too to celebrate Sarah Morgan’s birthday- it was fun and I’m glad I had my sweatshirt! We also got to see Chris and Kathryn again which was fun- I’m thinking we need some more double dates in the future.

No comments: