Monday, May 3, 2010

19 weeks!

From hisboyscanswim.com:

Why do they call it a softball?
It hurts like hell when one hits
you. Your baby is the size of one.




From thebump.com:














Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.


And finally, a 19 week belly picture. I feel like such a dork taking these. 


















Baby girl is still kicking away in there...some days I can feel her a lot more than others. Overall I have been feeling a LOT better, apart from being really tired again lately. I still have rough days (i.e., today- my boss was very nice and let me work from home) but overall, I'm doing much better. 


The other potentially major development (and when I say major, I mean nobody else besides myself will care about this)- I finally took my sister's advice and braved a glass of soy milk. As you readers might recall, I developed quite the severe intolerance to anything dairy and would become violently ill after any milk, etc. The last week or so though I've really missed cereal and iced coffees (decaf, of course), and I decided it was worth a shot. I had a full cup of chocolate soy milk almost 2 hours ago and still feel okay...if it continues to stay down we might have a winner!! Cereal aisle, here I come!


Okay so a truly major development- we are about 95% settled on a name for Baby Girl. Steve and I are still looking at different ideas though and giving ourselves a little more time to think about it, so those of you who don't already know which options were our top choices, you'll just have to wait a little bit more. But every time we talk about it (which is more often than I care to admit, haha), we always settle back to the same name as our favorite. We do hope to 100% commit soon and of course we plan on sharing her name (I don't think we're even capable of keeping a secret- Steve and I are way too chatty). So...stay tuned and we'll see!

4 comments:

Auntie Ally said...

Yay! I really hope the soy milk works! I can't wait for my little niece to get here!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I recently tried soy milk because dairy all the sudden is not my friend, and with all the flavors, it's great! There's also almond milk. I haven't tried it, but let me know if you do! I hope my top name wins! If you and Steve can't decide, me and Joey can be tie breaker!

Anonymous said...

I love reading this blog...I'm so excited it's a girl! :-) Melissa

Ashley Terry said...

I love reading this too! I'm so happy for you guys and you are such a beautiful pregnant lady :) I hope you keep feeling good, and I can't wait to hear what names you like!