Tuesday, May 18, 2010

21 Weeks and still going strong

The nesting impulse has been kicking in pretty strong the last few weeks, particularly in regards to getting the nursery settled (or even started, would be nice). Hopefully the husband will agree to a theme soon so we can get rolling because this momma's getting antsy!! I've got a few DIY projects in the works that I will hopefully be able to show off soon.

21 weeks, eh? Let's see what Baby Girl's up to.


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. Baby is also settling into regular sleep patterns (including dreaming!). I wonder if her dreams are as nutso as mine have been lately?



Stevo will like this one- Cheers to the father-to-be!
This week your baby is about
as long as a beer bottle. A gold medal bottle of beer, perhaps?

2 comments:

Auntie Ally said...

I want to help with the nursery! Let me know when you pick a theme!

Anonymous said...

Today I bought some Crayola Tadoodles for our little lady-in-waiting! By golly, if she wants to learn to be an artist, I'll help her learn to draw and paint! If she wants to learn to be a dancer, I'll make sure she gets lessons! If she wants to fly to the moon, well, she's on her own there!