Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cravings

So, an aspect of pregnancy that I thought would be a lot stronger is cravings. There are certainly foods that change week to week that I am more interested in, but no real "if I don't eat this I will kill somebody" cravings. The only one that's been pretty consistent is fruit, especially cantaloupe, watermelon and berries, but right now I'm loving apple cinnamon oatmeal. All of it is still along the lines of "well, it doesn't make me want to vomit, so I want this."

The funniest part about this is that people refuse to believe me when I say that I really haven't had many cravings. Usually the response to my answer is "but you're pregnant!!! You could be eating or doing whatever you want, you MUST be craving SOMETHING!!!!". Granted, if I told them what I was really craving was a plateful of sushi and a glass of wine, they would act even more horrified, but it made me wonder. Could I actually get away with claiming cravings to non-food things? How much can I milk this pregnancy and get some more fun out of it?

So in the spirit of "I'm pregnant, whatevah, I do what I want!!!", this is a list of my official cravings:

* A trip to Paris
* Float in a nice cool pool for the entire summer, getting out only to eat my oatmeal and berries
* My stairs to be finished, now that we've lived here for 2 years
* All the mosquitoes to leave my yard
* A paycheck without actually having to go to work
* A weekly ultrasound just for fun and for the pictures
* Go to the beach for the rest of my pregnancy

That's not asking for too much, right?

No comments: