Sunday, June 27, 2010

26 Week Check-In

I missed my usual Tuesday update because I was at the beach, so here's a belated Babycenter.com update on what the baby's doing: 

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. 





We had a great time at the beach-  it was VERY nice to get away from work for a week and de-stress with friends. This weekend will be a long weekend again (yay for the 4th of July!) so we will be up at the lake with the rest of the Forbes crew.


July 1st also kicks off my 2 month countdown until my last day at work, so we've been outlining to-do lists, carefully scrutinizing our budgets, and figuring out what we want to accomplish before Baby Girl makes her grand arrival. Hopefully she will give us our full month, but we've been measuring a week or two ahead pretty consistently now so who knows. I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I'm curious to see how big she's grown- I feel enormous and she's definitely gotten stronger.










1 comment:

Auntie Ally said...

Yay! I am so excited!