Monday, July 12, 2010

29 and Feelin' Fine

Tomorrow will be the 29 week marker and I've been feeling pretty good. Although I admit that I get pretty uncomfortable when I sit for too long (or stand for too long, or lay down for too long...) and getting a good night's sleep is getting pretty sporadic. Poor Steve is getting used as a body pillow/punching bag at night (not on purpose!) on a regular basis but he's been a good sport about it. I've found that warm baths, yoga stretches, and making sure to keep up the exercise help to keep me more comfortable. I like swimming and walking at night when it cools off the best in terms of exercise.

Here's a quick baby update:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash- Steve's favorite veggie!) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

This past weekend was a lot of fun. Our wonderful Tennessee friends came down to the lake house and as part of the weekend held a shower for us and the baby. Jamie and Laura did such a good job and the games that we had the guys play were HILARIOUS. They had a race to see who could drink the beer out of bottles the fastest, and they also had to guess what kind of food was in a variety of baby food jars. Derek Thompson won the beer drinking contest and his grand prize was another jar of prune baby food, which he ate of course- what a good sport! Here's some photos:



Some of the other gals got a few pictures of Steve and me so when those get posted online I'll share them over here too. If I look okay, haha. Thank you to our wonderful friends for helping us feel so loved, and for sharing our excitement!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You're very much welcome! It was a blast! Someone else needs to get preggs soon so we can do it again...Laura maybe???

Sarah said...

I agree!

Laura said...

Haaa. I would be more than happy to throw another baby shower, but I don't plan on having one thrown for me anytime soon! :)