Tuesday, July 27, 2010

31 and ready for a Vacation

We hit 31 weeks today and I'm getting antsy. Steve finally took pity on the preggosaurus and went furniture shopping with me on Sunday, so our crib and glider are on their way! We also sweet-talked (or bullied, whichever way you want to look at it) Babies R Us into letting us go ahead and get our registry completion discount, so we were able to use that on the furniture and some of the other big ticket items that we needed. The discount was only 15% but when you're looking at a $2,000+ registry bill, that helps a lot! Normally they make you wait until after your last shower or 2 weeks before your due date, but with a 14 day delivery window for the furniture, we didn't want to cut it too close. That could be a good thing for other preggos to keep in mind if you want to get your discount early- we had to talk to a manager about it but they were happy to do it after we asked. Another trick that I've heard is to set your due date on the registry for a month or two early so they will mail your coupon early, but I didn't care to mess with all that.



We also swung by Homegoods and Target to look for bookshelves, rugs, and any other miscellaneous nursery decor items. Steve picked out a piggy bank for Baby Girl and we found a rug that will hopefully be big enough, but beyond that, we decided to wait until the furniture was here and set up so that we could see how much space we actually have to work with. That room looks smaller and smaller every time I go in there!! (cue brown paper bag breathing)

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and everything is looking good. Baby Girl is still measuring a teensy bit ahead according to my last ultrasound measurement, but if you go with the due date given by my temperature chart, she is right on schedule. The doctor will schedule me for another ultrasound at 34 weeks if she's still measuring big, just to get a better feel for how big she is and if we need to look at inducing labor early. Baby Girl is head down already, so hopefully she will stay that way, and she also amused me with quite the set of hiccups this morning around 3:30.

In terms of doctor's appointments, I'm now on the "every 2 weeks" schedule, and then at 36 weeks we move to every week (yikes!). Quite a difference from the "one every 4-6 weeks" schedule I was on during the first trimester! We also have 2 pediatrician "meet and greet" appointments on Thursday, so wish us luck with that. Steve and I will be taking a break from the baby focus this weekend since my beach trip got nixed and we'll be spending some quality time together at the lake house. Floating quietly in a lake right now sounds pretty good to me!!

Enough of my uninteresting babble, here's what the Baby Girl is up to this week:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up (yup). Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hooray for hiccups! The crib is beautiful! Sounds like everything is going well!

Kirby Lynn said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am so glad that her arrival is less than 10 weeks away!!! Start thinking of what food you want me to bring you after she's born (: