Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dirty Thirty? Flirty Thirty?

We hit 30 weeks today and I'm obviously feeling uncreative, haha. I've got some kind of throat/head virus so I've been kind of useless this week but the baby's still baking away. Let's see what she's up to:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (sounds right on par with her mother's vision, haha).

No other real developments this week...Kathryn sent out the CUTEST invitations for my shower so I'm super excited about that, and we're also finally going to start putting together the nursery soon.

Here's a belly pic that I snapped on the way out the door...I got spoiled with my own personal photographer and photo studio, but now that Angela's not at work anymore you guys will have to settle for my blurry bathroom shots!

          And yes, my belly button is now an "outie", as Steve so helpfully continues to point out. Thanks honey.

2 comments:

Meg said...

its so cute though!!!

Kelly said...

awe!! cute belly. get well so we can see you again soon!