Friday, July 23, 2010

Fake Crafts Projects are the Best Kind

My mom and I braved our first baby consignment sale the other night, and although they didn't have anything on my list except books, we still managed to find "just a few" good things (ha). I was thrilled to see entire tables of boxes of books, most in almost new or great condition (better than some I've gotten on Amazon), all between $1 and $5. Baby Girl now has quite the little library, full of Dr. Seuss, Curious George, Babar the Elephant, and even a few French story books! Quelle chance!

The one thing that I didn't like about the books was that many had names written inside the cover...and since my daughter is obviously the most important child in the world, that wasn't going to work for me. So I set out to design some book plate stickers that I could use to cover up the old names, and write in Baby Girl's name, if she ever gets one.

My obvious lack of design skills quickly led to a Google search for free printable book plates, and I found this one:


via this awesome little website:
http://loveobsessinspire.typepad.com/my-blog/2009/09/beautifully-designed-and-so-practical-these-adorablebookplatesdesignedbystephaniefromdahlia-press-have-been-agreat-addition.html

There are three different versions on the PDF, so I downloaded them, made a quick re-size in Photoshop, and printed them directly onto sticky labels. Thank you, Google, for helping me come up with a free, quick way to personalize Baby Girl's books!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's such a cute idea...I have an entire library of Dr.Seuss books from my childhood that could use something like that...one day :)