Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Magic Number

I don't know if Sesame Street counts this high, but today is brought to you by the number 35!

Why 35, you ask? I'm 35 weeks along, with 35 days left to go! I've been feeling pretty decent although I have had a couple of rough days recently. And of course my facebook friends will already know that I've only got 4 more days left of work! I am happy about that especially given that I haven't been sleeping very well recently. I've got my to-do list running for my month off and hopefully will be able to get everything done and still have a bunch of time to relax!

(Side story about the Count...Karrie and I used to count our laps at the gym track in the style of the Count...3 batty batty ah hah hah.....4 batty batty ah hah hah. And we got nowhere close to 35 but it did help the jog go by a little bit more entertainingly.)

Baby Girl is still very active although you can tell she's running out of room in there. Steve felt her during one of her big rolls the other night and said it felt like an alien was trying to bust out of my belly!

Speaking of Baby Girl, let's see what she's up to:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


No comments: