Thursday, August 5, 2010

A pregnancy side effect that I never saw coming

I was sitting at lunch today inspecting my newly cut hair for split ends, when I noticed something contrasting with my medium-dark brown hair. A white hair?? On my 26 year old head?? Surely a mistake.

I pull it out and sure enough, an entire strand of hair pulled straight from my own head, stark white. WTF. I pull out my mirror and keep looking and find at least 3 or 4 more white strands of hair, and that was just in the hair that I could see. Seriously WTF.

I come back to the office and Google it, and find out that apparently some women experience "hair pigment loss" due to the hormonal changes in pregnancy. And I, apparently, get to be one of those lucky few....aren't I special? Let's just hope that my new "pigment loss" stays put at just a few strands because I've grown rather attached to my brown hair and was planning on hanging on to it for at least another, oh 25 years.

And as a bonus, here are some of the images that Google helpfully provided for me when I searched for "white hair". Such a comfort, that Google. 

1 comment:

auntie ally said...

At least it's just a few strands, I would say you will look more like the monkey than john mccain! ahahaha