Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time Flies when you're Having Fun!

Our sweet baby girl is one week old today and we love her more every day. We have been blessed with SUCH a good baby- she sleeps like a rock and is happiest when she's being held, but she'll also sleep well in her swing or her bouncer a few times a day to give her momma and daddy a break. She sleeps well at night too once we can get her down- last night we actually had to wake her up twice to feed her.

Last night was also our first night with the baby without Susan here to help- I'm pretty proud of how well we did. We all slept in after her 8:00 a.m. feeding and I dragged myself out of the bed at 11:00. Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot accomplished today but it's worth it for a peaceful night. We've been taking it pretty easy this week- I spend my day with the baby in my arms and telling her how pretty she is. Steve is actually getting a bunch of time to relax too this week- something we weren't expecting but I'm sure he's not complaining!

Speaking of Stevo, he was playing with Anna last night and we got some pretty good pictures out of it:


 He also wanted to make sure she's developing certain crucial skills, like how to play XBox:




I did have one pretty funny story to share. Last night at 4:00 in the morning I semi-woke up and convinced myself that Anna was in the bed with us. So I dragged "her" over to me and discovered that "she" was sleeping on her tummy, so I rolled her over in my lap and stroked her head and was like, "where the heck is her hat?". I'm rooting around in the bed for her hat with my other hand and only then do I realize that "she" is licking my arm. Yup...it was Kingsley. Note to self, take more naps!!

(Clarification after receiving several concerned emails- Anna does not sleep in the bed with us, she was safe and sound in her nursery and her momma is just crazy at 4 in the morning. A fun combination of baby brain and sleep deprivation!)

No comments: