Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 Weeks Old Today!

Anna Banana is 3 weeks old today and is a happy, healthy baby. We had another pediatrician check-up yesterday and she's JUST shy of her birth weight- she weighed in at 9 lbs, 3 ounces. The pediatrician was thrilled with her weight gain and was impressed again at how strong her neck and leg muscles are. Anna is quite the champ at tummy time, needless to say.

Anna has had several baths and even a few small walks around the neighborhood with her mommy and Captain K. The neighbors are always excited to meet her. She's had a few fussy days where if I try to put her down even just for a 5 minute shower, she screams and cries, but for the most part she is SUCH a good baby. I did finally bite the bullet and bought a sling online. It came in the mail the other day and we have finally figured it out and are comfortable with it, so hopefully this will help free up my hands during the day! She's conked out in it now, as a matter of fact.

I've even been able to handle all the night time feedings, since she usually eats quickly and goes back to sleep quickly. Throw in a nap or two for me during the day and we're handling everything just fine. She's also starting to like her pacifier a little more, which is VERY nice if she starts being fussy in the car or if we're out and about. We've also been spending a lot of time on our screened-in porch now that the weather is so beautiful- Anna naps while I read, and Kingsley keeps an eye on the comings and goings of the neighborhood.

Kingsley is doing great with the baby. He's still my little shadow but he's been happy to share the bed and couch and my lap. This week he's been quite intrigued with the new neighbors moving in, so I've been making him wear his bark collar. You would figure they would try to limit their activities for when Anna is awake but I guess that's maybe expecting too much, haha.

Y'all might be amused to know that we've added a few nicknames and vocabulary into our daily lingo. Stevo has started calling her our "Boudreaux Baby". Yes, as in Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Lovely, right? I have started calling her my little hobbit, since we wake up early enough for Breakfast, 2nd Breakfast, and even an Elevenses sometimes. We also regularly use the phrase "mushy tushy" when she's got a wet diaper. I'm sure there will be lots more to be added, but for now those are the main ones.

I posted more pics in my other post but here's a little baby smile for you:

1 comment:

Janet said...

What a beautiful, adorable, happy little angel-hobbit! A new picture for my lanyard at work!