Sunday, February 6, 2011

What, you mean like on vacay? Let's all go...Road Trip!!

We packed up the Banana this weekend and voyaged to the pretty city of Raleigh to visit the North Carolina branch of the Forbes clan. Aww...Anna's first road trip :-). I was a little nervous on Thursday morning when Anna felt really warm...her temperature was a little elevated, and I wasn't terribly worried, but the nurse asked us to come in because she had had her hands up by her ears a lot this week. Happily, her ears looked fine, so we gave her a dose of infant Tylenol and she seemed to do well the whole weekend. But, she did in fact have her very first cold, just as I was feeling smug that she hadn't been sick yet! But yeah, I was "that mom" at the pediatrician's office with the giggling baby. Awesome.

It was great seeing the NC family- we don't get to see them often so it's always nice to be able to spend some time with them. I was assured though by everybody that they are faithful blog readers, even Anna's great-grandfather Jack! So a big wave to everyone- hello!

Anna did great in the car- I had an entire arsenal of toys (including Sophie, Lolly, and Sammy of course), Stevo now knows her entire baby song repertoire, and we played this video at least a dozen times on Steve's iPhone when my brain gave out. Thank you, Youtube.



For a self-proclaimed Mommarazzi, I got embarassingly few photos...I guess we'll just have to go back at some point ;-). I did wish we had remembered to get some with Steve's cousins- hi Lauren, Emily and Amelia!! Here are a few that we did manage to snag:

Steve making up a coffee cup game so I could sleep for a just a little longer.
Great-Grandpa Jack and Great-Grandma Joan
Some of the fam- 4 generations in one room is pretty special!

Anna primping for the car ride home
And apparently Captain K had a good time at camp!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

It was great seeing you all to! I don't know how it's possible, but Anna is even more adorable in person! :)

Janet said...

I love the youtube video! You and Stevo should learn to sing & play it!
Great pictures! It IS special to have so much family together. Wish mine were here to share the joy!