Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yummy yummy yummy I've got food in my tummy

Miss Anna Banana is getting very close to her 6 month "birthday", and the 6 month mark is also the American Academy of Pediatrics's recommendation for starting solid food! Her pediatrician appointment is next week, and the doc advised starting rice cereal the week before her appointment in case we had any questions or concerns.

March 16 2011 035

Well, I bought the brand that seemed to be the least processed (Earth's Best), Anna put on her big girl bib, Stevo got the camera ready....and it was pretty anticlimactic. We are a few days in and she's just now starting to not immediately spit everything out. It is pretty funny, given how many well-meaning grandmotherly types were appalled that we hadn't started solids at 6 weeks...I got a little tired of hearing "OMG you haven't started feeding her cereal yet? But she's HUNGRY!!!!!" Um, folks, she's consistently been in the 95th percentile for weight, I can promise you she is far from hungry, haha.

March 16 2011 055

March 16 2011 021
wiping her mouth like a little lady ;-)

March 16 2011 006

We're planning to stick with the rice cereal for another week, and then maybe get a little crazy and move to oatmeal cereal after her appointment (whoa now!!). I'm currently reading up on how to make vegetable and fruit baby purees here at home, and I've also got a few organic jar assortments on the way too (thank you, Amazon!).  It's still a little weird for me to feed her anything besides milk, but I guess babies have to grow up sometime, right?

March 16 2011 030

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Yay! My little sweetheart is growing up!!! muah!

Atlanta, Food and Love said...

So Sweet! And I really hate it when people give unsoliciated oponions...I don't think I could handle it as well as you do!

Nicole said...

Amen to Lainey's comment!!! I can't believe how grown up she is...you are clearly not doing your best to stunt her growth until I visit in May...how selfish of you =) I can't wait to see you!!!!