Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Fatherly Post

I've been trying to get Stevo to write a blog post about being a daddy for literally months. About 8 months, to be exact. Then I had a girls night out with some of my favorite ladies, and they specifically requested a "view from the male" entry on the blog. I relayed this wish to Steve, and he rolled his eyes, grabbed Anna, plopped on a chair, and said, "Fine....interview me." He even requested that I take notes. LOL! So, here we go!

DSC_0107

What is your favorite thing about being a daddy so far?

I love seeing Anna's personality develop, and I love making her laugh and smile. 

How have things changed?

I've been really surprised at just how much my priorities have changed. Just a year ago, I really looked forward to going off with the guys for a week, and planning the next big vacation. But now whenever an opportunity comes up to spend time and money, I find that I really just want to spend time with my family. I also find myself getting really excited looking forward to Anna getting older and getting to teach her things like how to water-ski.

How has our relationship changed?

I think it's gotten better! Having Anna has really given us a truly common interest. I mean, obviously we always had things that we liked to do together, but it was more about humoring each others' passions and interests. Anna is our first TRULY mutual interest and I love having that with you. I also think that you being at home has significantly decreased the household stress levels, which has helped us get along even better. 

DSC_0061

Speaking of me staying at home, how do you think that's going?

I think it's been a success. I see and appreciate the level of bonding that you've been able to build with Anna, and I don't know how you would be able to do that as effectively if you had to go to work every day. I honestly believe that this is going to pay off immensely down the line, and I don't think that's something that money can buy. I also think that it makes my life immensely easier- it's nice being able to come home and relax after work in a clean house, and also knowing that you're at home to "man the helm".  I admit that sometimes I do wonder what we'd be able to afford if we still had your income, especially in a good sales year, but I know that the benefits of you being at home far outweigh that European vacation or the new roof. 

What are you most looking forward to in the next year or two?

For 2011, I'm excited about her babbling more and saying "Dada". And her walking. 
For 2012, I'm excited about taking her to Disney World!
What toy are you most excited about?

Pow-Pow-Power Wheels!!!!!

DSC_0075

What preconceived notions did you have before Anna came, and were they accurate?

I had no idea what kind of timeline the milestones fell on, so I thought she'd be doing a lot more a lot sooner. I also thought the night time schedule would be easier and I also thought it would be easier to go out together and leave her back with someone. 

What's Anna going to be when she grows up?

A mommy or a teacher. Or an astronaut.

DSC_0033

Who does Anna look more like, me or you?

I hope she looks like you, and I hope to God she doesn't have my receding hairline. 

Any other random thoughts?

Anna is the cutest baby that I've ever seen. Also she's the prettiest baby in the entire world.      

DSC_0028     

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh.My.Goodness. Sarah (and Steve) THANK YOU for posting this! I love how honest it is - you guys really opened up. I'm at work right now and struggling to fighting back tears. I love this. Seriously - tell Stevo thanks for humoring us - maybe we should try to gang up on him more often =) LOVE YOU!!!

valleegirl said...

It's official, Sarah- KEEP HIM!

thejenblack said...

so great!