Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Wonderful Day!

Today was my first official Mother's Day and Banana and Steve really made this happy momma feel special. After sleeping in until the luxurious time of 9:00, we went on a walk in the park, and then came home to a delicious brunch.

DSC_0422

DSC_0012-1

Then, imagine my delight when I discovered what Steve had been up to all day yesterday with Kristy- they found an adorable little rocking chair for Anna, and had it primed and ready to be decked out in over-the-top girly splendor. I giggled imagining Steve picking out the big pink fabric daisies and the pink pom pom fringe, but I absolutely love it and I think Anna does too! That will be a fun project for this week  :-).

DSC_0189

DSC_0244

He also surprised me with pots and pots of beautiful flowers, ready to be planted in a new flower garden. He got everything planted today while Anna and I played on our blanket in the yard. I've been wanting a flower garden ever since we bought the house so I'm excited that we finally have one!

DSC_0007-1

DSC_0010-1

DSC_0266 
Dinner tonight was going to be a gourmet affair with New York strip steaks, baked potatoes, and salad, but we are still pretty stuffed from brunch so we're extending the holiday through tomorrow too. But really...I could get used to this kind of treatment EVERY weekend!

DSC_0372

DSC_0376

I hope all of my other mommy friends had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

DSC_0015

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sounds like a great day and I just love that rocking chair!