Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holiday Weekend DIY

Stevo's up at the lake already doing some sweaty manual labor, and I decided to knock out a few little projects here before we go up to join him.

The first was a bench makeover. I wanted some kind of seating in our front foyer, and I wanted something with a little color. I found this bench for a great price at one of the nearby antique stores, ordered some fun fabric, and gave it a new look!

Before:

DSC_0015

After:

DSC_0002

DSC_0003

I had to order one more piece of the trim to go around the other cushion, so it's not TOTALLY finished, but it's almost there!

The second project was finally painting Anna's little rocking chair to take up to the lake. It's been sitting in our kitchen since Mother's Day and I'm glad to get it out of here. I think it turned out pretty cute!

DSC_0004

Looks like Anna is happy with it!

DSC_0009

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great projects! You are so crafty! :)