Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Party - Behind the Scenes

When my mom tagged along with me to Tennessee to help throw our friend Jamie's shower, one thing she said afterward was how much fun she had seeing the "behind the scenes" for a party like that. And I love planning parties and hosting parties, but it's also a little amusing that it seems like all parties tend to follow the pattern of chaos-chaos-chaos-PRETTY PARTY-chaos-chaos-chaos, haha. Organized chaos, maybe. But still chaos.

Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested to see some of the behind-the-scenes for Anna's birthday party!


IMG_0580
Mom helping me hem all the table runners.

IMG_0581
Baking cookies. Why I bothered deep cleaning the kitchen before baking is seriously beyond me!

IMG_0584
C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!

IMG_0587
And then I cleaned it up again just to turn around and make the quiches and other appetizer foods. I'm really on a roll with this, aren't I? lol! It looks like my kitchen exploded.

IMG_0586

IMG_0588
Table ready for the food. I always label all the dishes as I put them out because I'm OCD. And because I forget what goes where when I'm throwing food in there 2 minutes before people arrive.

IMG_0589
Dining room = party planning central

IMG_0590
Laundry room, post party

IMG_0592
Anna Bean eating her share of party leftovers

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh I love it! I love "sneak peaks behind the scene" stuff too - thanks for sharing =)