Sunday, September 25, 2011

Date Night

Now that Anna is sleeping infinitely better, Steve and I decided that we wanted to go out on a date, belatedly in honor of our anniversary (hey, we were only a week off. Not too bad!). My good-sport mom came over to babysit, assured us that she was in no hurry, and sent us on our way.

We had been batting around ideas of what to do for our big night out the whole week. And then, when I discovered that the Gwinnett County Fair was going on, Steve said he thought that sounded like fun!

IMG_0557

We discovered that Saturday night at the fair is a prime hangout for high schoolers. High school really doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but being around those kids made us feel really old.

IMG_0563

One thing that blew me away was how many babies there were at the fair. We got there on the later side, around 8:30, and there were a TON of babies in their strollers. And those babies were still there when we left at midnight. I can understand parents not wanting to miss the fair, but I admit that I was giving them a side-eye for that one.

IMG_0567

Another amusing thing that we spotted while we were there was a bride and groom, in full wedding regalia, taking pictures with their photographer in the ferris wheel. I would have loved to see how those pictures came out - how fun is that?!

IMG_0570

We also finally tried a fried Snickers bar, and I hate to say it, but it was pretty awful. Definitely overhyped.

IMG_0574

IMG_0576

IMG_0577

I think this weekend was the last weekend of the fair, but it was fun for an evening out, and fellow Atlantans should check it out next year! But seriously...leave the babies home!

No comments: