Sunday, October 16, 2011

Jump Down, Turn Around, Pick a Peck of Apples

Okay, I know those aren't the right lyrics but that's the extent of my creativity tonight in regards to blog post titles!

DSC_0214

This weekend we hopped in the car and drove up to North Georgia to visit one of the many apple orchards. We also had plans to stay the night at the lake house, and then spend Sunday visiting Helen...but then we had a sleepless night and we gave up and came home instead. Maybe next year!

Anyway, we went to Hillcrest Orchards on the recommendations of a couple of friends, and we had a great time! We are looking forward to going again next year but I think next time, we're going to try to go on a week day just to help cut down on the crowd size. 

DSC_0016
First we got some hamburgers and sodas for lunch - traffic was pretty bad getting up there due to the very poor parking planning of a neighboring apple farm (cough cough BJ Reece cough cough) and by the time we got to Hillcrest, we were starving! Anna got some hamburger too and she wanted to share with Daddy.

DSC_0028
Anna's tights were quite a conversation starter. I joked that they were her "Wicked Witch of the West" tights, but I still think they're pretty cute. And great fall colors!

DSC_0034
Mmm apples!

DSC_0042

DSC_0056

DSC_0058

DSC_0065

DSC_0064
Someone was a happy camper!

DSC_0113

DSC_0118

And Bean even helped us fill up our apple bag!

DSC_0174

DSC_0176
By the way, this face cracks me up. I used to make the exact same face when I was a baby, and I promise I don't make this face now!! So it's funny to see her doing the exact same thing!

DSC_0177

DSC_0179

DSC_0181

DSC_0188

DSC_0189

DSC_0202
Doing a quick inventory

DSC_0205
Hanging out in the store after picking...it was way too crowded to buy anything so we came home and made our own apple pie instead! Yum!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ooh I love her cute tights! And I can't get over her blue eyes - love these =)