Wednesday, November 23, 2011

14 Months Old!

Anna Bean is 14 months old today! I'm not totally sure where the month of November went, so I'll do my best to recap.

We finally joined a consistent playgroup. This playgroup is awesome because all the kids are within a couple of months of Anna, and it's so much fun to watch the girls playing together. And she loves going to the other houses every week and getting to play with all of their toys!!

IMG_0752

IMG_0754

IMG_0762



We have had a lot of fun this month making up games for her. The other night I inadvertently created a game and I was beyond tickled when she woke up the next morning and started playing it with me, completely unprompted by me!! Genius baby. The game involves saying "ay yi yi" and putting your hand on your head. A hand over the face equals Mommy saying "Oyyyyyy!", and a finger on the nose is "HONK!!!!". Bean will do the hand motion and then giggle up a storm when Mommy or Daddy says the corresponding verbal part.

 DSC_0024 - Copy

Banana Bean LOVES dancing. She will get the music playing on any of her toys, and then stand up and bounce away. Sometimes she will bounce without any music at all. It's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen. Sadly I haven't gotten a video yet but believe me, I'm working on it.

My mom surprised us with an absolutely adorable pastel painting/drawing of one of my favorite beach pictures of the Bean - remember this picture? I'm excited to get it matted and framed - Stevo's already claimed it for his picture wall in his office! Thanks Mom  :-)

IMG_0805

Back to my monthly update, Anna also greatly enjoys playing the piano now. She pounds away, turns the piano music pages, and tries to climb inside the piano (although obviously we don't let her!). Her face lit up with a huge smile and she started clapping when I tapped out the melody to one of her favorite songs, "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree".

DSC_0007

DSC_0008

Currently, her favorite toy is this little house that our friend Kara bought for her birthday. She will spend almost all of her playroom time handing us the house and pressing the buttons on it while we hold it.

DSC_0018

The weather is finally getting cold here (sometimes), so I went out and bought her a couple of winter coats. How adorable is this one?? She has gloves too that she's supposed to wear on our walks but those usually end up on the ground or in her mouth or under her bottom.

IMG_0769

IMG_0789

IMG_0790

And one last VERY exciting update - we've got a WALKER!!!! I have been so excited for this milestone and every day she gets better and better! I am so proud of this little girl and it makes me unbelievably happy to see her toddling around by herself!







I think that's about all, folks. We are getting ready for a busy December and are looking forward to Christmas with Anna - it's going to be a fun one!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! What a fabulous walker =)

Lisa Elaine said...

What a cutie! Love that coat. Where did your Mom get that pastel drawing? What a great gift idea!

I wish I could find a playgroup like yours. The only one I know of has toddlers older than Anna!