Thursday, November 3, 2011

Workout Play List

I don't know about you, but I need good energetic music to help get me through a tough workout! Sometimes I enjoy listening to audiobooks for my walks but if I'm in the mood to break a sweat, music is the way to go. Especially if I'm running, which I hate doing more than anything in the entire world.

A couple of months ago Steve switched to a program called Spotify, where you can create playlists and listen to music, but you don't actually own it. Works for me. I just recently figured out how to use it and earlier this week, finally sat down and created a workout playlist. It's a little over 3 hours long, so plenty of music. I thought I'd share my list here, and if any of you have other songs that you like to run/walk to, I would love to hear them!!

If you have Spotify too, you can click this link to get the direct playlist (I think):

Workout

Here's the playlist in alphabetical order:

AC/DC- You Shook Me All Night Long
Alan Jackson – Ring of Fire
Amy Winehouse – Rehab
Avril Lavigne – Girlfriend
Avril Lavigne – What The Hell
Billy Idol – White Wedding
Billy Idol – Don't You (Forget About Me)
Billy Idol – Mony Mony
Billy Idol – Dancing With Myself
Blind Melon – No Rain
Blink 182 - All The Small Things
Blues Traveler – Run-Around
Bon Jovi – It's My Life
Bon Jovi – You Give Love A Bad Name
Bon Jovi – Livin' On A Prayer
Britney Spears – (You Drive Me) Crazy
Britney Spears – Circus
Britney Spears – Womanizer
Britney Spears – Toxic
Bruce Springsteen – Born To Run
Bruno Mars – Marry You
Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are
Christina Aguilera – Candyman
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Dashboard Confessional – Screaming Infidelities
Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
Foster The People – Call It What You Want
Foster The People – Don't Stop (Color On The Walls)
Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
Green Day – Welcome To Paradise
Green Day – Minority
Guns N' Roses – Sweet Child O' Mine
Hot Chelle Rae – Tonight Tonight
Justin Timberlake – SexyBack
Katy Perry – California Gurls
Katy Perry – I Kissed A Girl
Katy Perry – Waking Up In Vegas
Katy Perry – Hot N Cold
Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
Katy Perry – Firework
Kelly Clarkson – My Life Would Suck Without You
Lady Gaga – Just Dance
Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
Madonna – Open Your Heart
Michelle Branch – Everywhere
Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A.
Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
P!nk – Perfect 
P!nk – So What
P!nk – Please Don't Leave Me
P!nk – Just Like A Pill
P!nk – Don't Let Me Get Me
Poison – Fallen Angel
Poison – Rock And Roll All Nite
R.E.M. – It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
R.E.M. – Electrolite
Rihanna – Disturbia
Vampire Weekend – A-Punk
The Wallflowers – One Headlight

Happy running! (blech...haha)

6 comments:

Lisa Elaine said...

Fun! U2's Elevation, Beautiful day, and Mysterious Ways are great workout songs. I also like Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz, Good Life by OneRepublic, These are Days by 10,000 Maniacs, Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader, He Mele No Lilo and Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (found these on Pandora on one of Anna's stations, they're from the Lilo & Stitch album but I liked them too :), The Way You Make me Feel and Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson (he he), and Change, Fearless, and Forever & Always by Taylor Swift.
Wow I could go on forever!!

Sarah said...

I'm excited to check these out...thanks for the suggestions!

Kathryn said...

I just started listening to audio books while I run and I love it! I can't wait to go back to the library to get more.

Lisa Elaine said...

Scrap Feel Good- it has a lull in the middle that makes it hard to run to I forgot about :)

Nicole said...

Ooh fun! Okay, you seem to be more of a "mainstream" runner, but I have a couple jams that keep me going that I didn't see on the list =) Definitely agree with the Michael Jackson suggestions, and one that's new is Hold my Hand by Michael Jackson and Akon. I basically have to keep going when I hear it. Also, Usher's "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" and "Hey Daddy". Last one - "All the Above" by Maino and T Payne. I'm a rap runner =) Enjoy!!

Nicole said...

OH!! Thought of two more! I wouldn't repost except that I believe they are also a must for the playlist =) Fighter by Christina A. and How to Save a Life by the Fray. Both definitely keep me running. Can you tell I like running music?? Hah!