Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Steve and Kingsley and I had a quiet New Year's Eve, eating pizza and watching one of his stocking stuffer movies (Men in Black, if you are curious!). Anna Bean slept soundly even through all of the fireworks.

In the spirit of the New Year, I was inspired by some of my other blogger buddies and wanted to recap some of my favorite highlights from 2011. We were fortunate in having a good year and I know we will always look back on this one with fond memories. I would be very curious to hear Stevo's favorite highlights, maybe I can sweet-talk him into sharing his, too.

Sarah's Top 2011 Memories

1. Anna starting to walk and babble. I could literally sit here all day and watch her scamper around, and I love hearing her chattering away, even if I don't speak the language!!

2. Celebrating holidays with my family - everything seems so much more magical when there is a child involved! My first Mother's Day and Anna's first Easter were particular favorites. And of course, Christmas!

3. Being a great team with Steve on the me staying at home/him working situation. It felt good to keep things in order at home while he went to the office, and I think we did a pretty good job this year.

4. Joining a consistent play group with kiddos Anna's age. I love watching the girls (and Owen) play together!

5. Having my family enjoy good health all year. Despite a few baby colds and Stevo catching some kind of flu, we were healthy and happy all year and I consider ourselves very lucky!

6. Snowpocalypse 2011 - I know some other Georgians will think I'm nuts for putting this on here but as I was skimming through my 2011 blog posts, I couldn't help but smile when I got to this one. We are homebodies and I loved being holed up in our warm cozy house with my whole family, getting creative with the food supply and playing in the snow.

7. Getting to meet so many WONDERFUL new mommy friends. It is great having friends who are always willing to meet up for a walk or coffee or just to let the kids play while we talk, and I'm so glad to have formed these friendships over the last year.

8. Our Beach trips were so much fun and created a lot of great memories for our family. I loved going back through all of the pictures (here and here) and I am so excited to be going back this year!

9. Spending the summer at the lake led to a lot of fun and adventures, and although I did get a little "laked out" by the end of the summer, I very much enjoyed all of the time we had there with our family, extended family, and friends. And I know by the time May rolls around, we will all be itching to go back!

10. Anna's first birthday party was so much fun to plan, and it meant SO much to us see so many of our friends and family there to celebrate.

11. Maxing out our zoo and aquarium passes. I was a little hesitant to buy passes for these at first but it has been so much fun going to both places over the last year and see Anna's enjoyment progress further every time we go.

We are very excited to see what 2012 has in store for us. Hope all of you have a healthy and very happy New Year!!

No comments: