The cookbook says it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 4 days, or keep in the freezer for a month. I served it with french bread on the side. I do think that the next time I make it, I will contemplate trying to sneak some other veggies in there. I think some chopped red peppers maybe? Any other suggestions?
Quick Shrimp Chowder
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (or you can use frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
PreparationMelt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and sautée 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream of potato soup, milk, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish and serve immediately.
**I also added a small handful of chopped green onions to it just to add a bit more color.**
Source: Southern Living Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites