Saturday, January 14, 2012

Zoo and SuSu and Hot Dogs Too

We've been battling some nasty colds this week, but we all felt better today and the weather magically warmed up (snow yesterday, what?), so we joined SuSu at the zoo! It's been a few months since we've been able to go, and it was fun watching Anna run around, play, and actually enjoy the animals. Her favorite things this trip were lunch (she got to try hot dogs for the first time!), the monkeys, the pigs, and the benches. We also rode the train and the carousel for the first time! Oh and she also LOVED the slides at one of the playgrounds there. It was a fun day and I'm glad that we were able to get out of the house - and you know it was a successful trip when I already can't wait to go back!

I took my new lens with us but I am having some difficulties with getting it to focus properly. I realized when I got home that I had forgotten that I changed the focus setting over Christmas so I'm really hoping that it fixes it...or maybe if one of you photog readers know what I'm doing wrong, holla at me and tell me what to do to fix it! So sorry some of these pictures are out of focus but hey it's a learning curve.

DSC_0013

DSC_0016

DSC_0026
Anna was very interested in all of the plant life at the zoo.

DSC_0045
Zombie stare, haha.

DSC_0052
Look, monkeys!!!

DSC_0066
I snapped this picture before I could adjust the settings so it's way too bright but I love this picture - look how excited she is!!

DSC_0084

DSC_0103

DSC_0117

DSC_0156

DSC_0164

DSC_0167

DSC_0170

DSC_0180

DSC_0257

DSC_0260
Hugging SuSu but really she just wants her sunglasses.

DSC_0262

DSC_0264
Lion cub!

DSC_0269
And then she stuck her head all the way through just like a turtle.

DSC_0279
Meerkat baby!

No comments: