Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

I hit the 16 week mark today for Baby #2 and overall I'm feeling pretty good! Honestly, Anna keeps me running so much during the day that I tend to forget I'm pregnant...I just don't have much time to think about it! I am not planning to do a weekly update on this pregnancy, but I have found myself really enjoying getting to go back and read details from Anna's pregnancy so I will try to get at least a few notes down for this one too.

This pregnancy has already been infinitely easier than Anna's pregnancy. I've had a few nauseous days, some infrequent vomiting...but none of the debilitating sickness that I had with Anna. I was really dreading getting pregnant again because when I was pregnant with Anna, I spent the majority of the pregnancy just lying on the couch trying not to die, and any movement at all sent me running to the bathroom. I had no idea how I was going to go through that again and take care of a toddler, so I am very very thankful that I seem to have dodged that bullet this time around. I have been pretty tired though, and I try to take naps when Anna does, and I very much need to put my feet up at the end of the day and relax.

I have been craving fruit like nobody's business. You should see the inside of our fridge on any given grocery day...almost every single one of our Pyrex storage dishes is taken up with watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...if Publix sells it, it's in my fridge. And believe me, I go through it!! Oatmeal has also been particularly appetizing this time around.

The hormones/emotional mood swings have also been MUCH more prevalent than with Anna. Seriously, the dumbest stuff makes me tear up. Luckily they don't seem to last long but it still makes me feel a little crazy.

I keep having thoughts that this baby is a boy, but I'm not completely convinced like I was with Anna. The Chinese gender chart says boy. But I always get a heartbeat in the 140's or 150's on my Doppler, so that old wives' tale hints that it's a girl. All of the other old wives' tales have me split on boy or girl too, so I guess we really will have to wait until March to find out for sure! We are going to be excited either way - I would love for Anna to have a sister so close in age, but I know a boy would be SO much fun!!

The official doctor-declared due date is August 7th, but the ultrasounds have been pretty consistently dating me a week behind that, which would be August 13th. So...basically at some point in August I will be having a baby.

Due to a minor subchorionic hemorrhage (which is a blood clot in one of the layers of the uterus), and also owing to the fact that it's apparently harder to get a Doppler reading early on if you've had a previous c-section, I've had several ultrasounds so far. Here are some of the better pictures but I'm hoping we get some more good ones at our big ultrasound in March!

BABY_0004-1
6 week ultrasound - look how teeny tiny they start out!!

BABY_0000-2

 BABY_0004-2
See his/her leg sticking up? This is the 11 week ultrasound.



BABY_0007-2

2 comments:

Patrick and Megan said...

I've followed your blog for awhile...but wanted to say hi! We have alot of similarities...daughters 17 months old and babies on the way! Good luck to you.

-Megan

Sarah said...

Hi Megan! Congratulations on your new little one - and I am now following your blog too. I love blogs with kids Anna's age! Thanks for reading and commenting, I'm so glad you said hi!