Friday, March 30, 2012

If I Had a Million Dollars...

The Mega Millions jackpot is at a record $540 million dollars. Holy hell, that's a lot of money. Steve and I never play the lottery but we've bought tickets and we're obviously going to win, so here's are some thoughts on how I could put that money to good use. After the typical boring retirement plans, college plans, investments, charity, blah blah blah of course.

I'd buy you a monkey. Haven't you always wanted a monkey? (obviously)

I'd turn our entire basement into our own mini Catch Air so Anna and all of her little friends could play whenever they wanted.

We would buy a bigger house with better entertaining areas, more bedrooms, and a better kitchen. And a saltwater pool with a super deluxe kid-proof gate. And enough land where the guys could go play air soft and not worry about getting arrested. Oh and some ATVs because Stevo likes those.

I would buy a cute little apartment in Paris where I could go and pretend to be French for a few months out of the year.

We would take a tour of the tropics, because I have always wanted to go somewhere where I can lie on the beach and have frozen drinks brought to me all day, and you can see all the way down to the bottom through the water.

I would hire a full-time housekeeper. Not just a cleaning service. An honest-to-goodness housekeeper. It would be amazing.

I would also hire a personal stylist because I never really feel like I dress myself all that well. And if you're going to be a multimillionaire you have to be dressed well, probably.

We really would go to Disney World.

We would buy a beautiful beach house because I have always wanted one. And it would be decorated to kitschy beach perfection and have all the proper beach toys.

2 comments:

Lisa Elaine said...

Hands down, I would hire a personal chef! haha keep dreaming Lisa...

Kathryn Neidhardt said...

1) what is catch air? 2) what is air soft? 3) you Forbes must like 'air' stuff that is too cool for me to know about.
It's up to $640M now, CRAZY! I hope I win.