Saturday, May 19, 2012

Under the Sea!

Today was the big day - my sister's baby shower! I have been looking forward to it for weeks and it was so much fun. I knew from the wonderful shower that my friends Kathryn and Lauren threw for me that it is truly one of the highlights of a momma's pregnancy, so I was so happy that I was able to make a special day for my sister. I did tease her though and kept telling her that I was having a hard time wrapping my head around boy stuff, so she was going to have a pink shower. I think I pulled "blue" off pretty well, in the end!

DSC_0146

I went with an "Under the Sea" theme, which was perfect for the summer weather we've been having. And it was a lot of fun to plan!

DSC_0022

DSC_0024
My friend Liza helped me come up with the concept for these bracelets and then I made them myself - didn't they turn out cute?! There were all different colors so people could choose which one they wanted.

DSC_0025

DSC_0027
Bellies!

DSC_0030
I served Chicken (Not) Of the Sea salad sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, fresh fruit, strawberry walnut salad, and veggies. Allyson also brought these yummy little chicken croquette things called "coxinha" which are apparently a must-have tradition at Brazilian baby showers.

DSC_0032
Fantastic tropical punch - man this stuff was good! I'm glad I made a double batch because there wasn't a whole lot left. We also had some champagne and wine for the non-preggos.

DSC_0033
I had the other table set up too, on the other side of the porch. We were lucky and had SUCH pretty weather so a bunch of us sat outside to eat. I was also happy that Steve has put speakers up out on the porch - I had a fun playlist going of beachy music (with a few baby songs thrown in!) and it was nice to be able to hear it outside too!

DSC_0034
New Mom to Be! Isn't she so pretty!!

DSC_0036
One of the girls brought this cake - isn't it amazing??

DSC_0038
Boobs.

DSC_0052
The shower game we played was "guess the baby food" - the person with the most correct guesses out of 10 won a gift card. I think these faces were from the chicken, hahaha. It did look pretty gross.

DSC_0053

DSC_0081

DSC_0086

DSC_0100
This onesie got a bunch of laughs - can you see what it says?

DSC_0123

DSC_0131

Some people had to duck out before we could get pictures but we did get a few of the guests!
DSC_0133

DSC_0134

DSC_0136

DSC_0137

DSC_0138

DSC_0139

DSC_0141

And last but definitely not least - here is the official baby pool for Baby Daniel's big arrival day. Whoever picked the right date gets a big Starbuck's gift card and it was hilarious to hear everybody's rationale for picking their date - it was serious business!! We'll see who was right soon enough - less than 2 months to go!

DSC_0147

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it! Love the theme - and the cake seriously cracked me up. Hilarious!