Sunday, July 8, 2012

Welcome to the World, Madeline!!

I will do a longer update when I am home, but we welcomed our darling baby girl Madeline into the world on Friday, July 6th (I guess she just couldn't wait until next Wednesday!). She made her grand appearance at 5:59 p.m., weighing 4 lbs 12 ounces and measuring 17.5 inches. Of course she is tied with Anna and they are the most beautiful babies in the entire world.

photo(1)

For a 35 weeker, she is doing great. We are working on nursing and they are slowly working on getting all of her tubes, IVs, and wires off of her. She is tiny and I'm thinking we will be doing some preemie clothes shopping this week - I don't think even the newborn stuff is going to fit her!

photo(4)

The surgery was long and rough but the doctors were able to save my uterus after all, much to the surprise of everybody in the room. Ourselves included.

photo(5)

I am going to sneak in a nap before Madeline's next feeding but I promise to do a longer update sometime soon with the full birth story. Thank you all for all of your good wishes and support - we are so happy our little girl is here!!

4 comments:

Lisa Elaine said...

Yay Baby Madeline! She definitley resembles her sister. We used premie clothes and diapers for a while, and Anna was a few ounces bigger than her!

Nicole said...

So very happy to hear!!! CONGRATS to the Four Forbes =) Love you =)

Robin said...

Oh, congratulations! That is great news all around!

Amber @ And On This Farm said...

Congrats to you all! So happy things went a bit better than expected!