Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2 Months Old!

September 6, 2012

Miss Maddie is 2 months old today! Weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs, 15 oz, she is still a snugglebug and loves nothing more than to be curled up with Mommy. She is in newborn clothes and size 1 diapers...it's crazy to look at her and think that Anna used to be this small (well, almost). It makes me sad to think that I already can't remember how small Anna was so I'm soaking up all the teeny-ness while I can!!

As a side note, I've had a few people ask how we pronounce her name...it's pronounced Mad-uh-lynn, with the emphasis on the Mad. Or you could just make it easy on yourself and call her Maddie - we use the names pretty interchangeably around here :-).

DSC_0154

DSC_0090

I'm not going to pretend like this month was an easy one. Maddie has spent most of her days screaming at me and it's been very hard to make her happy. The pediatrician put her on Zantac, which is a reflux medicine, and we are hoping hoping hoping that it makes her feel better. And that she will stop screaming, because it's making Mommy pretty frazzled. And if Anna joins in with a temper tantrum?? Let's just say there's been some tears shed, haha. Two under two is hard, yo. We're slowly starting to get things figured out and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting my act together, but it's been a lot harder and a lot slower than I would have predicted. It's amazing what I can get accomplished when Maddie actually lets me put her down, so again, let's hope the Zantac makes a difference!!

DSC_0173

Madeline is awake a lot more during the day, and she is even starting to hold her head up a little bit while she's doing tummy time. It makes Steve and me laugh when she's lying on our chests and then suddenly there's a little face sticking up, just like a turtle. No real noises yet but she makes insanely good eye contact - she loves just staring into our faces and it catches me off guard sometimes when I'm not paying attention!

IMG_3049

IMG_3248

IMG_3086

We are out of the house a lot for Anna's activities and park time, in addition to errands, so Maddie is usually in one of our carriers. The carriers really do make a huge difference in my ability to handle both of the girls out in public and Maddie loves being in them, even around the house! Speaking of carriers, one of the funniest things that Anna does now is she will put her baby doll in the carrier and then try to put it on - I don't think I've gotten a picture yet but it really is hilarious. And cute.

IMG_3138

IMG_3147
See her forehead? I call that her Harry Potter birthmark, haha.
IMG_3162

IMG_3169

I think that's just about it for this month, y'all come back now, you hear?

IMG_3346

2 comments:

Jessica Thompson said...

Maddie is starting to get chubby lil cheeks! Such cute girls :)

Sarah Morgan said...

Yay Maddie ! Can't wait for you to meet your friend Harper !