Sunday, September 23, 2012

2 Years Old!!

Banana Bean is 2 years old today!! These two years have been such a whirlwind and we love having this little sunshine in our lives!

IMG_3578

IMG_3584

We have definitely had some hard days together this month but I know it's all part of the growing process. I try my best to stay calm because I can see in her eyes how frustrated she is, and we have a lot of "cool down" hugs and quiet time. I do get pretty frustrated sometimes though because it can be SO difficult to get her to do regular things - it is a major struggle some days to get her dressed and in the car to go somewhere and it drives me nuts that she doesn't understand that I'm taking her somewhere fun. I have had to adjust my expectations and admit defeat on some days...thankfully music class and Gymboree offer makeup classes :-). I have also been encouraging her to use her words and to tell me what she wants and why she is frustrated. I am usually pretty good at figuring out what she wants, but I know that her being able to communicate her needs for herself is a crucial skill and she is getting better and better at it every day!

IMG_3573

IMG_3492

IMG_3484

Anna LOVES playing dress up. One of her favorite times of the day is when I am in the shower or getting ready, and she gets to raid my shoe collection. It's pretty hilarious to see her shuffling around in high heels! I also put a costume jewelry stash in the bottom drawer of my nightstand and she loves finding it and playing princess with the necklaces and bracelets.

IMG_3602

 IMG_3459

 One major project that Steve and I have been having a lot of fun with is putting together Anna's new big girl room. It had been our original goal to move her in on her birthday, but we got waylaid with another nasty cold this week and it put us a few days behind. I am so excited to get it all pulled together - it's turning out even better than I had pictured in my mind and I can't wait to share pictures with you all. Anna is going to love it!!

IMG_3483

IMG_3470

IMG_3464

 Now that the weather has been cooling off, we have been enjoying playing outside again. Anna has really gotten into chalk, so we will go outside to the driveway and draw pictures, or play with her toy cars or balls. We are finally going to put away her pool - she keeps asking to swim but it's gotten just a little too chilly, at least under our shaded porch.

IMG_3463

IMG_3572

IMG_3562

IMG_3509

I have started my transition plan to getting Anna prepped for pre-school, and I have been taking her fairly regularly to the YMCA child care. Although I can't leave Maddie yet, I can drop off Anna and go walking with Maddie on the trail behind the building. The first few days didn't go very well, and they called me after 10 minutes to come and get her because she wouldn't stop crying. But we kept going, and now we can go a good 30 minutes before I pick her up. It made my mommy heart so happy to come back and in and see her dry-eyed and playing with toys. And Maddie has been enjoying the nature walks and the fresh air. My goal is to get to a point where it's a no-tears drop off and an hour-long workout, so hopefully we will get there soon!

IMG_3556

 IMG_3552

IMG_3520

One more big Happy Birthday to my beautiful little girl - we love you SO much Anna Bean and we are looking forward to this next joyful year with you!

IMG_3427

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh, she is adorable! You can tell she is so smart already just in pictures Lol
They grow up so fast!