Wednesday, February 6, 2013

7 Months Old!

Our Maddie Magoo is 7 months old today! Our little wiggle worm is so ready to be on the move, so I'm anticipating this being a fun month coming up!

IMG_6139

IMG_6141

IMG_5914

IMG_0632

IMG_6162

Maddie officially has two teeth well on their way in, and the poor girl has been gnawing up a storm. I have to warn Anna not to stick her hands near Maddie's mouth because she might get chomped!

IMG_0128

IMG_0135

IMG_0139

I have LOVED watching Maddie's personality develop this past month. She will giggle up a storm when I pretend to nibble at her belly button or her neck or her feet, and she's so ticklish! She has the sweetest little baby squeals when I squeeze her thighs, just like Anna used to. Her toothy smile lights up my day and I love seeing it, every single time.

DSC_0007

IMG_5551

Maddie can sort of sit...she sits fine but will topple over after a few minutes so I don't go too far. I love to sit in the playroom on her play mat and let her sit in between my legs while she explores her toys and laughs at Anna. She is definitely army-crawling all over the place, when she isn't rolling. It's hilarious to watch her on the monitor or on her play mat - that little girl is all over the place!! We have been revisiting our baby-proofing plans and getting all of those systems and habits back into place. It's hard to believe we'll have another crawler soon but I know it will be here before we know it. 

DSC_0035

DSC_0039

We have started solids and Maddie is such a fun little eater! It seems like it took Anna forever to warm up to solid foods but Maddie just gobbles away at it. Anna is highly entertained by the entire baby-feeding process, and often grabs the spoon away from me to take a turn. We have a repertoire of spoon noises such as a train, a helicopter, a plane, a shark, and a rabbit, and both girls get quite a kick out of them. Maddie is also funny because she will get her paws on the spoon and start trying to feed herself! Sometimes I have to hand her an extra spoon to let her gnaw on so I can keep feeding her with the "real" spoon.

IMG_5919

IMG_5596

IMG_5615

IMG_6090

IMG_6094

IMG_5616

 IMG_0228

IMG_0230

IMG_0234

IMG_0244

Anna still adores her baby sister and it is abundantly clear that Maddie adores her sister too! They love playing with each other and Maddie always has a huge smile on her face when Anna is paying attention to her. And it is so sweet to watch Maddie calm down from a crying fit because Anna runs over, pats her face and assures her that "S'okay baby, s'okay!". Anna also always wants to kiss and hug Maddie good night before getting tucked in and turning on the night light. Anna also likes to share things with Maddie - food, toys, even shoes and socks. I can't even tell you how much joy it brings my mommy heart to see those two girls together...I could watch them play together all day long!!

IMG_0711

IMG_0154

IMG_0167

IMG_0275

IMG_0283

IMG_5769

IMG_5768

 IMG_0246

IMG_5506

Their sisterly bond has also come in handy for me. Recently, if I have just a few minutes left on a chore or project and Maddie starts getting restless, I'll ask Anna if she wants to be a big helper, and go play with her sister. Anna will immediately run over to Maddie shouting "Helper! Helper! Hiiiii baby!!!!" and she will happily entertain Maddie until I can finish and take over baby duties.

IMG_6183

IMG_6184

IMG_6185

Steve and I got a good laugh one day...Maddie was in her swing, and Anna was pestering her even though we had asked her to stop. Suddenly we hear "Hep! Hep! (help). I stuck! I stuck!" We look over and Maddie has a big chunk of Anna's hair locked up tightly in her fist and is trying to chew on it...poor Anna was bent over the swing and Maddie was not even remotely interested in letting go! After we extricated her from the baby's grip I told her it served her right for bothering her sister, haha.

IMG_5539

IMG_0059

IMG_6099

IMG_6105

IMG_6111

I can't remember if I ever updated after Maddie's 6 month appointment, but she's right around 16 pounds. She's in 6 month or 6-9 month clothes...it's a little hard to dress her sometimes because she's such a string bean that a lot of the 6 month stuff is too short but the 9 month stuff falls right off her waist. So she basically wears the same outfits over and over again, haha. I'm excited for the next "round" of clothes, she's got some cute stuff in that closet!!

IMG_0258

IMG_5795

IMG_0310

IMG_5640

IMG_6127

I think that's just about it for our 7 month update...happy "birthday" baby girl!

IMG_0705

IMG_6137

IMG_6138

IMG_6142

IMG_6161

IMG_6164

No comments: