Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chocolate Banana Frosty

One day last week we had a gorgeously warm afternoon and Anna ran herself silly outside at the park. After lunch I had the notion to give her a treat and threw together her very own "ice cream"...it was a total success!!!

IMG_7528

IMG_7530

I had seen various recipes floating around on Pinterest and this really was super easy. A frozen banana, mashed up with a little bit of milk and a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder. I used a hand mixer because I think it's easier to clean up, but I am sure you could also use a blender.

IMG_7543

This treat is very firmly endorsed by Anna, and after seeing the pictures, Steve asked for some too. It's been a popular request around here ever since! I have a feeling we will be eating this frequently in the summer.

IMG_7549

IMG_7556

One banana+milk+cocoa powder is the perfect serving for Anna (plus a few bites for Mommy, if you can sneak any!). Three bananas is perfect for splitting with your sweet-toothed husband. 

IMG_7558

IMG_7565

Want further proof that Anna loves it? This is what happened when I took her empty bowl away.

IMG_7580

No comments: