Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Egg-stravanzas!

Easter is another holiday that is so much fun when you have small kids. It was never a big deal in my family growing up so I have really enjoyed these past few years and I look forward to future Easters when I can incorporate the big traditional dinner and have it be worth the effort!

IMG_7297
Anna enjoyed her first Cadbury egg although she was a little confused by it at first.

IMG_7299

This was the first year that Anna really understood egg hunting, and we had plenty of practice in the backyard with her new rabbit basket.

IMG_7307

IMG_7317

IMG_7339

IMG_7348
Maddie hunted eggs too.

Anna's official hunt this year was with our moms' group, and although she was off to a slow start, she came away with a respectable candy haul! Despite all of our practicing though she ended up being more excited about the playground, haha.

IMG_7357

IMG_7370

IMG_7398

IMG_7407

IMG_7409

IMG_7422
Yes I know her shoes are on the wrong feet. They usually are, these days.
IMG_7423

I also hosted an egg hunt with my friend and neighbor for all of the neighborhood kids, which was so much fun. It is definitely a lot more hectic to organize an event when you have two kiddos (especially when they are both teething and want constant physical contact with you!) but it all pulled together in the end and the kids loved it. We are looking forward to it again next year!

DSC_0079

DSC_0084

DSC_0091
I can't take any credit for these, but look how cute they are! Anna loved these things.

DSC_0098

DSC_0100

Anna wasn't really into this egg hunt (she was a little cranky about missing her nap) but she did enjoy grazing on all of the treats and she especially got a kick out of the thermoses of water and lemonade. I think she handed me at least a dozen cups of water over the course of the party.

DSC_0109

DSC_0102

Watching the big kids hula-hooping. I got some super cute pictures of the other kids but I didn't want to post them here without asking first so I'll post them to Facebook or email, neighbor friends!

DSC_0116

DSC_0125
So sad this one is blurry - look at that face!

I have a million pictures from our happy Easter coming up next, hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

Adventures with Little man said...

what adorable pictures! I just love the one of your littlest reaching for the blue egg. & that egg hunt you organized looked amazing! Great job mama!