Saturday, April 6, 2013

Anna and the Animals

There is a cute nature center near Roswell in metro Atlanta called the Chattahoochee Nature Center, and I like to keep an eye on their events now that Anna is getting older. Recently, they hosted the Art Barn from Canton and Farmer Sue brought a bunch of her farm animals for the kids to hold and pet. Anna loves animals and I thought this event would be a slam-dunk for her!

IMG_7738

Steve stayed home with Maddie and I really enjoyed having some time alone with Anna. It's a rarity nowadays but I am going to try to carve out more time with just the two of us.

IMG_7742

She looooved these chickens.

IMG_7744

IMG_7747

There were even baby chicks!

IMG_7748

IMG_7749

IMG_7750

I was kind of surprised that Anna wasn't more interested in the rabbits. She basically tolerated this rabbit sitting in her lap and very quickly made the motion for "all done". I never would have guessed that the rabbits would be her least favorite station of this day given her interest in them lately but toddlers are full of surprises - luckily there were lots of other animals!

IMG_7756

IMG_7761

IMG_7825

At some point during the morning, Anna appointed herself photographer and grabbed my phone. It was pretty funny watching her aim the phone vaguely in the direction of the animals and shouting "Cheese!" at them. I had planned to put some in this post but when I got the card loaded onto the computer, I discovered that almost all of the pictures were shots of the walls and ceilings or up my nose. So...you all will just have to admire Anna's photography skills in a later post.

IMG_7835
 Ducks!

IMG_7837

IMG_7850
Back to the chickens, haha.

IMG_7858
This pony's name was Strawberry.

IMG_7861

IMG_7863

IMG_7869
Anna took it upon herself to dole out horse brushes.

IMG_7879
The center also had a craft station set up for the kids. Anna loved her chicken hat!

IMG_7903

 I had planned to stop and have lunch out somewhere but Anna conked out in the car and we smelled like a barn so this was the end to our day. We had such a fun time together and I am very much looking forward to our next girls' day out together!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Um...okay I need to find something similar to this for adults. Is it creepy for a grown-up to go to these events by themselves? I miss the Chattahoochee Nature Center! So fun you got to do this - looks like a great time =)