Saturday, July 6, 2013

One Year Old!!

My beautiful baby girl Maddie Magoo turned ONE year old today! I have been emotional all this week thinking about writing this post - I am in disbelief that it has already been a year since I took that earlier-than-expected trip to the Labor & Delivery wing! Motherly emotions aside, we are so thrilled to celebrate this milestone with Maddie and we look forward to her party next week!

IMG_1453

IMG_1457

For Maddie's birthday today, we were lucky to have a break in the incessant rain that has plagued Atlanta for the past week, and we seized the opportunity to go to the zoo. I had been trying ALL week to get some pretty, outdoor photos of Maddie but that wasn't in the cards - hopefully the weather clears up next week!

IMG_1274
Maddie wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a picture with the hat, but Anna was happy to try it on!

IMG_1316

IMG_1329

IMG_1336

IMG_1351

IMG_1374
Waving to Anna and me on the train

IMG_1375

We came home and celebrated with a yummy barbecue chicken dinner and strawberry cupcakes. Anna got a big kick out of the candle and the birthday song singing, so she wanted a turn too! Maddie didn't really know what to think about the cupcake but she sure liked the chicken and peas. Crazy kid!

IMG_1378

IMG_1380

IMG_1383

IMG_1384

IMG_1387

IMG_1392

IMG_1400
Anna acquiring the candle

IMG_1405

IMG_1417

In terms of her monthly update, Maddie is still all over the place. We've abandoned almost everything that keeps her contained (her choice, not ours), and she crawls and cruises at a hilariously quick pace. I was happy I had any pictures of her at all to share this month because as soon as she spots that camera, she speeds over to pull it out of my hand. We also finally got her fitted for her very first pair of shoes! That's your cue baby, let's get walking!

IMG_0937

IMG_1264

IMG_0624

IMG_0626

One of the sweetest and most charming things that Maddie has started doing in recent weeks is that she will click her tongue at me while I am holding her. If I click my tongue too, her whole face lights up in a soft little smile and she will happily click back. It makes my day and it feels like we have our own special language. I think it is such a cute way to connect with her and it is one of my favorite things about her lately.

IMG_0524

IMG_0736

IMG_0856

Maddie has also started trying to parrot our vocal tones and words - nothing clear yet word-wise beyond normal baby babble but she will try to mimic us and it is seriously adorable. I was so surprised when I cooed "hello baby, hello!" and she sang the same "hello" intonation back at me. Even Steve heard it and was impressed! She is also a champion waver and has also started to learn how to clap.

IMG_0720-001

IMG_0723

IMG_1242

This was such a fun month and every day she seems to learn something new and find some new way to delight us. Happy birthday, my beautiful baby!!

IMG_1250

IMG_1459

IMG_1430

IMG_1452

IMG_1441


3 comments:

Lisa Elaine said...

Such a sweet post. I can't believe she is already one! And so happy! I have a feeling our Annas are playing their big sister roles well...

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday, Maddie!!

Kirby Lynn said...

Such a cutie! Happy Birthday Maddie!