Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Baby's First Haircut!

I had been getting the feeling for a while now that Anna's hair could probably use a trim, but this silly sentimental mommy couldn't bear to cut those sweet little baby curls. I have a feeling they are gone for good now, but she generally refused to let me put it up in a ponytail and her hair was starting to look pretty frazzled.

IMG_6936

Finally one afternoon, I packed up the girls and took them to a little salon nearby that specializes in children's haircuts.

IMG_6949

IMG_6952

Anna got a kick out of getting to pick her special seat (she picked the race car, if you can't tell) and she sat very still for the hair stylist.

IMG_6956

IMG_6965
Maddie helped by taking off her socks.

IMG_6987

IMG_6994

The stylist finished off her cut with cute hair bows, and then I let Anna pick out a new bow to add to our collection. She picked orange and white, and I'm sure Steve is proud - of course she insisted on wearing it right away!

 IMG_7012

IMG_7017

The salon even saved all of her curls in a little keepsake bag, and gave us a "Baby's First Haircut" certificate. I guess we're a little late to the game, haha.

IMG_7023

Anna is thrilled with her new hair cut and she loves letting me brush it...and you should have seen her beam when her teachers gave her a bunch of compliments the next day at school!

IMG_7047

IMG_7046

No comments: