Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving

I know the official Turkey Day isn't until next week, but my heart has been full of thanksgiving after an outpouring of support and love from friends and family after my seizure. Y'all, I seriously can't even express how much your words of comfort and offers of help have meant to me. And I am even more touched that my friends seem to know what I need even more than I do. I have had offers to drive me to my favorite gym class, to take me to the grocery store, to pick me up for a night out, to drive me to doctors' appointments, even to drive Anna to her Mommy's Morning Out twice a week. Dinners have been dropped off and one friend even brought a cake because "chocolate fixes everything" (very true). I am seriously astounded at how amazing my friends and family are and I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. We are fortunate right now that Steve is in a slower period at work, and we are just kind of taking everything week by week, but I really do appreciate all of the offers of help and I am sure that I will have to take some of the offers up sooner or later. And thank you too to all of my friends who have been understanding about my schedule - I have been canceling a lot of things and I really do appreciate how sweet everyone has been about it.

We are heading into the next six months with a good attitude. I am generally a homebody anyway, and I had already planned to take a break from the kids' organized activities for a little while. I am looking forward to life slowing down for a bit. I am hoping to get Anna over her last bumps of potty-training. I am looking forward to having more time to work on the house, and I've even employed the little girls next door as "mother's helpers" once a week to give me time to work unfettered. I've been stocking my cleaning supplies with some fun new things to try, and I'm intending to spend the extra time at home decluttering, polishing up routines, and redecorating. I'm eagerly awaiting the girls' ear tubes surgeries, as I am hoping we can finally get both of their naps and night time sleep on track and up to par. Steve has been a total champ at taking over driving duties, and we're hoping to get things settled into a good rhythm in preparation for his busy season. I am also looking forward to hosting more play dates at home to help break up the monotony and get some social interaction for both myself and the girls. We are loading up the girls' holiday wish lists with fun toys and activities, and I am loading up my library ebook queue with some new books to read. I'm not anticipating these next few months being easy but hopefully we can make the best of the situation and a lot of good can come out of it!

Physically I am doing fine. I had a rough couple of days of it with my swollen tongue, and my shoulder and head were pretty tender. I am pretty much back to normal and am looking forward to my EEG (brain waves test) and MRI this week. I promise to post any updates but so far no news is good news.

Thank you again to all of my wonderful friends and family, and I am sending all of you big hugs and warm Thanksgiving wishes!!

No comments: