Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Heart Art

After the rush of Christmas and in the middle of two weeks of rainy, cold weather, I figured my girls needed a holiday pick-me-up. And what better way to get the kids perked up than a Valentine's Day art project?

I cut out a ton of differently sized hearts out of white paper, then pulled out all of our watercolors and put the kids to work. They got to paint to their hearts' (heh) content and as they finished a heart, I would tape it up on a window pane in our kitchen.

IMG_8946

IMG_8951

The girls were delighted to see their creations hung up in the windows, and they were even more delighted when I joined in the painting party too!

IMG_8953

IMG_8954

IMG_8957

Our wall of hearts has been a fun addition to our decor and the girls keep pointing out their favorites. I'm partial to these cute ones!

IMG_1767
Anna's hand

IMG_1768
Maddie's hand

IMG_1766

For our Valentine's Day celebration, the girls and I took a very pleasant walk up to the neighborhood pet store and picked out three new fish for Steve, and then stopped by Kroger for all the fixings for chocolate-covered strawberries. Anna got a kick out of that process, although she was not impressed with having to wait for the chocolate to set!

IMG_1608

Here are our gifts waiting for our Valentine to get home!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments: