Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

One of my favorite memories from my pregnancy with Anna was the wonderful baby shower that my friend Kathryn hosted for me. So I was beyond delighted when I had the chance to return the favor and celebrate Kathryn and her baby boy, due in May.

Invitation

This baseball shower was SO much fun to put together, and I was thrilled with how everything turned out. And I was very grateful to Sarah of Fresh Design Group for taking all of these pictures!!

IMG_5813

I served up the standard baseball fare - hot dogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, sandwiches, and some fruit salad as a nod to something healthy on the table.

IMG_5817
I found this cute sign on Etsy and sent it home with the Mommy-to-be. Maybe we will see it in a special little someone's nursery!

IMG_5818

Cookies
Publix cake is a given around here! It says "Congratulations on your new MVP!" And those cookies are my very first attempt at royal icing.

IMG_5823
The favor table - Cracker Jack boxes (of course!) and chocolate baseballs. Kathryn also brought a scrapbook for everybody to personalize a page.

IMG_5828

IMG_5827

IMG_5835
The tables - I usually like to set up the tables on the porch but since the weather has been so unpredictable, I had everything set up inside. I loved those pinwheel centerpieces, and the hardest part about them was keeping my girls away!

IMG_5847
We played a game that I came up with called "Hot Seat". Everybody got to ask Kathryn a question (all baseball and baby related). If she got it right, she got to pick a prize out of the basket. And if she got it wrong, the question-asker got a prize. Kathryn pretty much got them all right, even though I intentionally threw in some stumpers! It was a fun game anyway.

IMG_5848



IMG_5852
Presents! And aren't all of those baseball outfits darling? Kathryn got a few other baseball outfits in her gifts so this baby boy will have quite the wardrobe for all of the Braves games.

IMG_5854
 I can't believe I've been friends with this girl since elementary school!

IMG_5859

IMG_5867

IMG_5874
All of our guests!

IMG_5882

IMG_5888
We are so excited for Kathryn and can't wait to meet her baby boy!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Everything was prefect, thank you again!