Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Beach Bachelorettes

My childhood friend Kristyn is getting married in a month (!!!!) and we gathered to celebrate in Amelia Island, Florida. I have never been there before, but seriously, what a pretty place!

IMG_0624
I managed to kick off the weekend with an oh-so-graceful fall off of a curb and spraining my ankle. I seriously contemplated the weekend, thinking my ankle was broken, but was talked back into the trip by the sweet hostess.

IMG_0625
My girls got a kick out of the entire sprained-ankle process. Oh, we're playing kangaroo! Teacher will walk me to the car! I want to play with your crutches! I want to wrap my ankle! I laugh at it now, really. And Anna is still hopping around the house saying "Ow ow ow ow ow I'm Mommy!". Awesome.

IMG_0626
Sarah, Senica and I drove down to Florida together, and we stopped at this charming little place called Barbara Jean's for dinner. What an awesome veranda! The restaurant is placed a grove away from the inter coastal waterway and they offer a good amount of traditional seafood options. I very much enjoyed my coconut shrimp and I hear the crab cakes and meatloaf are divine!

IMG_0632

IMG_0631

IMG_0637
Library chick-lit, margarita, flamingo cup, Strawberry Margarita nails, awesome beach...amazing.

IMG_0646
Look at these hotties!

IMG_0650
Joanna and Senica breaking out the glow bracelets

IMG_0652
Sliders, at Fernandina Beach

IMG_0657
On Saturday we went shopping around the charming farmer's market and downtown Amelia Island.

IMG_0658
The bride got hungry so we stopped at this beautiful harbor-side restaurant.

IMG_0659

IMG_0660

IMG_0662
After a lunch-time discussion, I can assure you that this is a man-made shark.

IMG_0661

IMG_0663

IMG_0664

IMG_0665
Beautiful bride!

IMG_0666

IMG_0667
Look at all the picturesque Spanish moss. I took this picture on the picture-perfect front porch of our awesome house after some ***-**** ******* dog kept us up all ***-*** ******* night barking and I called the police at 4 o'clock in the morning. Poor Sarah M. had to drive us home since I only had 3 hours of sleep. Thank you, Sarah!!!!

IMG_0669
Sarah, Senica and I ended our beach trip with a trip back to Barbara Jean's for brunch. I loved breathing in another few minutes of salty beach air and enjoying a few more minutes of shady ocean time.

Thank you girls, for a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

Sarah Morgan said...

No problem ! Better safe than sorry although I could have done without the zombie spider crawling down my arm while I'm going 80 : )

Kathryn said...

omg, I can't believe you sprained your ankle before you left! Hope it feels better now. I also can't believe that dog! Awful!