Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day is such a special day for me...one where I reflect and marvel on my role as a mother, and take extra time to snuggle with my beautiful girls. I feel so blessed to have these sweet souls in my life and in my care and watching them learn and grow.

IMG_0602

Steve broke the disappointing news that he would be gone for the first half of the day, so I decided to invite my sister Allyson and my darling nephew Daniel over for a Mother's Day brunch. We sipped mimosas, ate a wonderful brunch, and had plenty of time to chat and catch up with each other while the kids played in our impromptu ball pit. I love sharing motherhood with Allyson, and she does a fantastic job!

IMG_0559

IMG_0561

IMG_0562

IMG_0567

IMG_0574

IMG_0576

IMG_0590

IMG_0592

IMG_0609

IMG_0613

When Steve got home, we took the girls out for a little shopping trip to Pike's Nursery. It has become our tradition to add some new plants and flowers to our yard as my Mother's Day gift, and we picked out some especially beautiful ones this year. And even a blueberry bush! Kingsley approves.

IMG_0712

IMG_0715

IMG_0716

We ended the day with a low-key dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant - and with an extra frosty strawberry margarita!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day, too!

No comments: