Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Hairy Situation

Anna has really been into "big kid" art projects, and was overjoyed when I bought her a pair of preschool scissors to practice with at home. She only was allowed to use them when I would sit down with her at the table, and we had multiple (MULTIPLE) conversations about how we only cut paper - not hair, not skin, not clothes, not Kingsley.

One day I was in the shower and Anna somehow managed to get into my desk area, procure herself a pair of scissors, and cut herself some bangs. So we can go ahead and knock that one off of the universal childhood bucket list!

IMG_3613
I shared this picture on Maddie's birthday post but this is the best picture I have of her "bangs".

I enlisted the pros to help me fix it, and took her to my hair salon. Anna was very entranced by Miss Mary and felt like such a grown-up. And my heart absolutely melted when Mary asked her how she wanted her hair to look, and she said "I want my hair to be pretty like Mommy's". Swoon!

IMG_3767

Mary worked wonders getting Anna's hack job blended and layered and blow-dried. Anna was totally intrigued with the wonders of the salon and keeps asking to go back. I am sure we will go back soon - Anna's bangs are growing out and she's currently in this sheep-dog phase where her hair is constantly in her face but she won't keep a hair clip in or let me put it in a ponytail. Thank goodness for Frozen
braids!
 

No comments: