Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Preschool Pretties!

My Facebook feed over the last few weeks has been full of back-to-school pictures and it's been so hard to wait for my girls' big day! We had a wonderfully lazy summer together but I have been getting pretty antsy to get back to a schedule (and VERY antsy to do the grocery shopping by myself again!).

IMG_5435
Our "First Day of School" photo - I am not joking when I say I had over a hundred pictures from this morning just to get a few good ones. Getting two little girls to smile and look at the camera at the same time is like herding cats.

DSC_0301

We enrolled the girls at a nearby church preschool - I love that it's just a few minutes from the house and the programs are perfect for the girls. Anna will be in an early 4's class three days a week, and Miss Maddie is with the 2's two days a week.

IMG_5455

IMG_5412
Smile, Maddie!

The girls had gotten a sneak peek of their school over the summer when I brought them by to drop off the paperwork, and then they got to meet their teachers, see their decorated classrooms, and play with their new friends last week at the Open House. They both were very excited to start school and couldn't wait to get their new tote bags all filled up with lunches and snacks and papers. They were also thrilled to get to pick out some new shoes and a couple of new outfits for school...I am waiting for the weather to cool off to get their fall and winter wardrobes filled out but I remember how excited I would be as a kid when I had a few new things to start off the school year! Anna is particularly proud of her new shoes and was eager to show them off to her teacher.

IMG_5443

DSC_0270

It felt a little odd and lonely to have a quiet house for so long today, but it was wonderful to get some focused time to myself to work around the house, and I adored getting to hear the girls chatter so excitedly about their day. I hope they have a fantastic year this year, that they learn to love school, and that they can always come home full of smiles and fun stories! Have a great year, my sweet girls!

No comments: