Friday, September 26, 2014

Touch-A-Truck

One of the nearby towns hosted a Touch-A-Truck event a few weeks ago and my sister and my nephew came with us to explore the festival. It was HOT and crowded but we managed to have a good time anyway!

IMG_5495
The kids all enjoyed their snow cone treats. The snow cone truck has all of the syrup flavors on the side so the kids could put their own flavors on...you know they got a kick out of that!

IMG_5500
Cutie pies.

IMG_5518
I was so impressed with all of the volunteers at this festival. It was all construction companies and city employees and they were SO enthusiastic, excited to be there, and engaging with the kids. Some of the guys even had their kids there helping, and their kids were so happy being able to show off their knowledge of the trucks and construction techniques. It's a little funny to see burly construction guys filling up balloons and handing out bead necklaces but they were having a blast and the kids were too!

IMG_5622
We got waylaid when Anna spotted a face painting station. It was so hot and the line was slow, so I threw every bribe I could think of Anna's way to convince her to skip the face painting (I had already said she could do it, rookie mistake) but she held strong.

IMG_5626
Admiring herself in the mirror.

IMG_5639
Maddie very sweetly put her hand in mine and whispered if she could get her face painted too. How could I say no!

IMG_5647
Maddie told the artist that she wanted one just like Anna's.

IMG_5656
The festival had a little petting zoo set up in the corner so of course the girls wanted to go see the animals!

IMG_5662

IMG_5659

IMG_5684

IMG_5673

IMG_5690

IMG_5696
I had to laugh when my chatterbox daughter starts talking to the firefighters. She launches into some story of how "one time our house caught on fire and the firetrucks came and put out the fire with a tall ladder!" The firefighter looked over at me and said "Really?" and I had to say "No, that's never happened by any stretch of the imagination." I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff sometimes!!

We had such a wonderful time at the Touch-A-Truck festival and we were glad that Allyson and Danny could join us. We've already got our calendars marked for next year!

No comments: