Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bonnaroooooo!

Steve and his sister Kristy (hi Kfo!) have gone to the Bonnaroo music festival for the last couple of years, and this year he finally persuaded me to come along. Kristy's boyfriend Alex and Steve's brother Brad also joined us, and we had a lot of fun! Steve's already planning next year's trip :-)

Untitled

The festival takes place in the middle of nowhere, in Manchester, TN. There are tens of thousands of people all being sweaty hippies together, in tents and RVs. There is a lot of positivity, lots of people-watching, and lots of fun had by all. 

Untitled

Untitled
We rented an RV (heck yeah bathroom and air conditioning), and the guys made sure to stake our claim with a massive pirate flag.

Untitled
Kristy had this cool Bonnaroo Code banner printed. 

Untitled
Mr. B

Untitled
Kristy and Alex

Untitled
Centeroo (the main festival part) has this gigantic mushroom fountain that can be quite refreshing, in the heat. 

Untitled

Untitled
There are stands all over Centeroo where you can get various generic beers, but I insisted we go to the "Broo'ers" tent where they had all these craft stands. Bell's had a stand there and I greatly enjoyed a cold Two-Hearted Ale.

Untitled
Never settle for boring beer!! And they gave me those sunglasses! High Five, Bell's!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Various camp decorations included parrots and pirate photo booths :-)

Untitled
I kept telling Steve to stay hydrated and he drank this whole jug of Gatorade.

Untitled
My favorite! I also greatly enjoyed Third Eye Blind, Chvrches, LCD Soundsystem, and Macklemore. We were so bummed though - we had gotten spots in the pit for Macklemore and were having a blast, and then it started thundering and lightning so they made everyone go back to their camps. By the time we got back, we got stuck way in the back and they cut his show short. Bummer, but hopefully we'll see him again, because he was a lot of fun!!

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_7198
One of my favorite memories from Bonnaroo are these medals that I bought in bulk from Oriental Trading Company, and we converted them into necklaces. I would load up my pockets before we would leave our camp, and hand them out to various individuals throughout the day. I would hang it around their neck and give them the specific reason they were getting one, and the smiles on peoples' faces were priceless. Reasons ranged from "I like your energy" to "I like your Simpsons socks", among a myriad of other accomplishments. These will definitely be part of the 'Roo plan for next year!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We'll see you on the Farm next year, Bonnaroovians!

Untitled

No comments: