Saturday, July 23, 2016

Happy 4th Birthday, Maddie!

Hi! Remember me? I've obviously been quite the slacker on a) getting pictures off of my phone, b) editing and uploading said pictures, and c) blogging with them. Life is so busy and fun right now, it's hard to find time to slow down!! I have a million posts about the girls and about life, so I promise they are coming, in pretty much no particular order. Enjoy!!

Untitled

Our Maddie Magoo turned FOUR years old earlier this month. Four years old, can you believe it?? She is a complete ray of sunshine, and our giggly little monkey. Her laughter lights up my day and I'm thankful that she is so happy and loving. She is still such a snuggler, and loves nothing more than being held and cuddling, no matter where we are.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Her personality is so fun and whimsical. She is knee-deep into the princess and make-believe stage and we love every second of it. Maddie also loves her closet and will generally have 3-4 outfit changes a day...all of which include a tutu or a dress fit for twirling!

thumb_IMG_5849

IMG_6200

Untitled

She is a string bean, but a completely healthy string bean. At her recent check-up, she measured 40" tall and 33 lbs. She's moved into 4T clothes, but she's very much excited about moving into girls' sizing so that she can match Anna again - they love being "twinsies"! She is about to out-grow her "party dress", which is a green dress, and that will be a very sad day in her world. I also recently re-stocked her pajama wardrobe, which she is ecstatic about!

IMG_5930

IMG_5881

Maddie is very easy-going, and loves tagging along on any various errands or activities. And she especially loves tagging along with her sister - anything Anna does, Maddie wants to be right beside her and copying her every move. For the most part, Anna tolerates/likes it, and it's so sweet to see them being sisters and friends together.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
They had some kind of Wacky Wednesday at their school - they LOVED picking out these outfits!

Maddie's favorite things right now include all things art - especially when I let her break out the paints!! She also loves crafts and coloring, so I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive craft kits when we go to Joann's or Target. She also adores going to the playground, and I've been very conscious of letting her climb and swing and be independent. I wouldn't necessarily classify myself as a helicopter parent at the park, but I definitely had a habit of telling her to get down off of the bigger structures and not letting her try. So now, for the most part, I let her give it a go, and I've been amazed at what she can do!! Even if I'm having a heart attack the entire way, haha. She also likes riding her bike and covering the driveway with chalk pictures.

Untitled

IMG_6848
She's always bringing me flowers from the yard!

IMG_7015

She loved her year of preschool and she's looking forward to Pre-K. It will be her first year being apart from Anna, which is a little sad for all of us (it's the one thing Anna says she doesn't look forward to about Kindergarten!), but I think she will flourish being on her own and I think it will really give her a chance to find the hobbies and activities that she really likes. I opted to sign her up for the 4 day program instead of the 5 day, and I'm looking forward to getting that consistent one-on-one time with her.

IMG_7252

IMG_7345

Untitled

We love you SO much, baby girl, and we are excited for this next year with you!!

No comments: